View Single Post
Old 10-02-08, 08:48 AM   #9
bennelson
Home-Wrecker

On a related subject,

Consider INDOOR LIGHT POLLUTION.

Even a little bit of light prevents humans from sleeping as best they could.

I often sleep on the sofa in the livingroom (which is a "great-room concept to the kitchen)

I was amazed how much light there was one night:
Clock on the microwave
Clock on the stove
White "sleeping" LED on my Mac laptop
Blue light that blinks while cell-phone charges
Streetlight coming in through window

I unplugged, and then replugged the microwave to clear the clock, flipped the cell phone light-side down, and used the computer sleep feature with the screen up instead of down, which makes that light MUCH dimmer.

I am sure doing these things helped save a little power, but more importantly, it made my house feel more calm.

In a bedroom, you might want to spin a backlit LCD or LED clock around or face-down to keep it from lighting up your room at night.

If you are buying a new clock, get an analog one that runs on a AA battery or get a plug-in LCD which is NOT backlit.

I have also heard that people who wake up in the middle of the night and see what time it is on the clock, often get stressed out about it and then can't get back to sleep!!!

Save power, save your sleep, be stress free.
Kill the clocks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bennelson is offline   Reply With Quote