View Single Post
Old 07-15-13, 01:28 PM   #26
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
How goes the trial and error? Have you been able to reduce the power consumption any further?
Thanks for asking...

My data logger is now doing duty as a whole house temperature logger, so I'm not sure what is going on with the power consumption. I am sure it is higher than it was when the weather was cooler, but I don't know how much.

But the Freezerator is working well. As I said previously, the humidity inside the box is higher than the typical refrigerator. This is very good for produce, which lasts far longer than in a normal refrigerator. It also presents a challenge. Right now, I'm dealing with it by using a water absorber pad in the bottom of the unit. A better fix would be a drain tube.

This Haier:

...has a drain tube built in and it's un-hacked specs are very attractive, so it would be a better choice for a Freezerator.

I'm considering the possibility of putting a drain tube into mine. If I could use some kind of heated cone-shaped metal and heat-form a dimple in the bottom of the lining material, then a drain would be quite possible.

But I could just sell my present unit on Craig's List and get the Haier, to hack into a much better Freezerator.

& & &

But my focus is now turning to putting in a radiant floor in my back room... I'm right now emptying everything out in preparation for demolition.

I have finally located some high-density insulating material to use under the PEX & aluminum.

More on that later.

Best,

-AC

Last edited by AC_Hacker; 07-15-13 at 01:32 PM..
AC_Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote