View Single Post
Old 10-29-12, 12:58 AM   #12
opiesche
Helper EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by compman723 View Post
Hi,

I was wondering if you have any updates on how your project is working?

Great work so ffar!
Thanks! I'm still at it - the pump arrived and is installed next to the manifold, and I've also got a relay to switch it with. On the software side, things are slowly progressing - I've got it running in a loop, measuring, calculating and predicting when to turn on/off the pump. For the last week, I've had it running and pretending when to switch the pump, just to see how well the math worked, leaving it running overnight, tweaking the parameters the next day, and repeat. It's working pretty well now, and can also estimate the lag (between turning on the pump and the temperature rising) and heat retainment (time between turning off the pump and temps dropping) based on prior measurements, and takes that estimate into consideration for pump switching.

Today, I cleaned up the code a little, but it's still a ways off from what I'd call maintainable. Give me a couple of days and I hope to make it publicly accessible

Work has been busy lately, so aside from that I haven't gotten much done. the web interface still needs a bunch of work (saving of the configured parameters in a way that the controller can then read and use them, and better ways of adjusting target temperature and viewing the sensor and calculated data) I hope to get some help on once the code is out there
opiesche is offline   Reply With Quote