View Single Post
Old 06-15-14, 09:29 PM   #6
Quest
Apprentice EcoRenovator

In the past I 've used Teledyne Waterpik Eco low flow heads, which is not to my liking due to (a) too fine of a water jets (almost to the point of being needle-like); (b) great loss of heat (need to crank it up hotter to compensate for the heat loss.

It wasn't until by chance, I came across Delta H2Okinetic (actually it was made by Alsons but Delta bought the whole company and their rights also)....low flow, can't remember exactly how much (some where around 5.8L/min to 6.2L/min or thereabouts). I had a blast with it: the water pattern is quite good as it "swirls" the water stream to provide more even, if not wider area coverage, and bigger water droplets mean no need to crank up the water temperature to compensate for that fine water jets that waterpick has.

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase. I cannot see myself going anything below 5.8L/min without some form of compromise: either extremely fine water jets that gives that piercing feeling while showering, and the need to crank up the hot water part to compensate for the heat loss, etc.

I have used Speakmans, AStd, etc. before and wasn't all that impressed. I have not had a chance to give Niagra Conversation shower heads a try yet.

Q.
Quest is offline   Reply With Quote