View Single Post
Old 08-07-12, 05:26 PM   #7
MN Renovator
Less usage=Cheaper bills

I cook frozen pizza outside on a rotary pizza cooker. Here's a link showing pictures. I basically put it on a chair with the pizza on it, set it for 15 minutes, open the sliding glass door, put the chair/pizza cooker outside, plug it in and I usually chill on my laptop inside while it cooks and glance over to make sure rodents aren't taking off with my pepperoni and once it's done I unplug it and pull it inside. I do the same thing with cooking bacon or anything else that would either smoke up the place or make lots of heat, except for that, I use an electric griddle on a small table. It works great and 15 minutes of a ~1500 watt appliance is fairly small usage compared to needing to both heat the house with the oven and then air condition it. I haven't fired up my oven for a few months, avoiding it like the plague since burning natural gas not only adds heat to the house but also lots of humidity.

https://www.google.com/search?num=10...ac.Y9R66UN1IxU

As an update, I'm gathering pictures and a story together to create a new refrigerator conservation thread showing my efforts toward added efficiency for a non energy star fridge. I've modified my fridge and monitored performance for a week now and I like what I see. Stay tuned, the post will be a separate thread in the conservation section.

Last edited by MN Renovator; 08-07-12 at 05:28 PM..
MN Renovator is offline   Reply With Quote