View Single Post
Old 06-07-12, 03:44 AM   #8
Vlad
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by launboy View Post
Sounds like a whole lot of hot air to me. Yea you may be increasing the delta T of the condensing coil to air, and yes it may cause it to use the whole coil face(any commercially available A/C is going to do this anyway), but it's going to use it to dissipate the extra added heat from the refrigerant. The only was I can see this improving efficiency is if it was able to raise the pressure of the refrigerant without raising the temperature much, in which case maybe there'd be a benefit due to the increased pressure drop at a metering device.

Adam
The problem with PT chart is it only works when refrigerant is saturated. When refrigerant is superheated or subcooled the correlation pressure/temperature doesn't work any more.

So, by overheating (superheting) gaseous refrigerant you don't increase it's pressure. It's pressure is determined by liquid refrigerant (saturated) only.

All their explanation sounds like BS to me. Or they just don't want to share their "secret".

The only thing I am thinking is most refrigerants have their critical point. At this point refrigerants behave completely different. They might found some useful use of this ?????

Last edited by Vlad; 06-07-12 at 03:50 AM..
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote