View Single Post
Old 05-01-14, 11:37 PM   #19
okiedodge
Lurking Renovator

New member here. Name is Tommy.

Getting a 5.6 Kw system installed in the next month. I live in Oklahoma. And yes I know all about the backwards law that was passed as a way for the power companies to protect an antiquated billing model.

Some of you have posted that we solar babies are getting a free ride at the expense of other rate payers and I have to say that you could not be more incorrect.

If I produce more than I use, then I dump that excess back onto the grid. The Utility only has to buy back from me up to the full credit of my bill for that month. I still pay a minimum monthly amount that covers administration and what the utility has called "maintenance".

When I sell MORE than I use and that excess goes back to the grid, they are getting the amount above my total usage for absolutely nothing. They resell that to other customers.

If anything I am helping.

The power companies are mostly investor owned with a few COOPs in the rural areas.

I find it disgraceful for my state to encourage renewable energy....as long as I am buying it from the utility.

My civic gets 35 mpg. Should I have to pay more for a gallon of gasoline because I am practical and conscious of the environment?

This is nothing but another government sponsored money grab.

I do not care what you say to the contrary.

If they were truly interested in the rate payers, they would be partnering with us solar producers.

I intend to be off grid in 5 year. Full electric and AC.

I love the site.

Thanks

Tommy
okiedodge is offline   Reply With Quote