View Single Post
Old 01-26-17, 08:18 AM   #2
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

Please please help figure this one out! AC hacker and I started a thread awhile ago to try to get together a simple general purpose heat pump controller. A lot of versions became the outcomeb rather than one, mainly due to custom systems.

The one element missing from my stamp is a reliable defrost control. I played around with a few different algorithms , but was never really happy with them. Either the unit would defrost o.k. way too often or hardly ever. I ended up using a defrost board in that unit.

I put up a sketch on github and posted one inline in the thread but nobody had anything helpful to offer. The code is done on arduino IDE for the uno. I don't believe AC got a finished controller built either. His was for a water to water unit, and he had an air source outdoor unit he was operating on as well. He is no good at writing code, and I'm not very much better.

I like the modular and robust nature of your control system. Much more flexible than what we were doing. Please elaborate on your control scheme. If i know which direction to go, I can probably get there.
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote