View Single Post
Old 08-27-19, 02:11 AM   #17
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

Looks like it should be a good match for your purpose. The only thing I would be wary of is the 15 amp current carrying capacity for the compressor. A 4 ton unit might draw more than that when it's running, definitely will when starting. Your heat pump unit has a proper switching device in the box somewhere already, so interfacing with it would definitely eliminate that concern.

As for the heat exchanger, I would weld it up where the shell froze and cracked. You're not me, so maybe you could make a shell around the shell out of fiberglass resin or something similar.

The whole flow vs temperature differential all depends on the application. Obviously you won't be heating a pool with the unit, but the flow and temperature should be tailored to what you plan on doing with all of the capacity. For domestic hot water, that much capacity would supply a decent sized apartment building. To use it for a single family home, the unit would short cycle and waste a good amount of energy in the process.
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote