Thread: Mini HPWH
View Single Post
Old 06-14-16, 07:36 PM   #46
RB855
Helper EcoRenovator

Must say that these results look really good! The first run is almost perfect with the exception of the motor using so much power. The second run, the airflow looks like it might be a little low, low ambient could be a concern with the SH so low, but I bet it dehumidifys really well. Without a outlet air temp I'm not able to check airflow, but given your wb/db readings, it should be about 17* Delta T across evap. The second test lower airflow did take a hit on btu produced, but it did use less power getting the final result (with a 4* water temp discrepancy). I have a little concern about the condenser efficiency now as it's on average 20ish degrees warmer than water, but that might just be stagnant water in the tank not able to quickly extract the heat, as it does take a bit of a temperature gradient to get convection after all. I'd be curious to look into some DC fans and a cheap pwm for fan speed control at this point since the ref cycle looks nearly spot on at 4.25oz. (To think my hpwh uses about 1.5lb! Lol)
RB855 is offline   Reply With Quote