View Single Post
Old 12-05-12, 04:21 PM   #48
MetroMPG
Infrequent noob

Default domestic archaeology

Yep, I've spent more time carefully pulling nails from wood I want to re-use than just about anything other task so far. (Hardwood flooring, tongue & groove pine from the walls.)

I realize some people will suggest that's not worth my time, but being a semi-self-un/employed slacker, I have lots of time. And a general aversion to generating waste when I don't have to.

You can see why this is going to be a 10-year project.

Anyway, update! With a few pics!

I have pulled down ceiling tiles in the Great Room, and above that is original (I think) tongue & groove pine ceiling.

I also removed the second "bedroom" (GREEN walls) from the Great Room, thus making it Greater!

I confirmed that this bedroom was not part of the original house: the old, closed-in doorway to the kitchen is behind the fridge. (RED, in the floor plan image above).

Also discovered that this room was re-sized at least twice and possibly 3 times, based on marks/nail holes in the ceiling where the walls were previously framed in, eg the green mark extending toward to the top left:

Attached Images

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote