View Single Post
Old 04-16-11, 07:54 AM   #670
go4haudio
Lurking Renovator

The method of sealing was in response to the leaking heat exchanger you had some time ago. But it seems you have mastered the art of brazing a plate HX. I have learned a great deal from your manifesto. I live in Florida where the ground temp at 30 feet is 74 degrees. I did some crude measuring. The soil at the surface ranged from 98 to 105 degrees. 4 1/2 feet below surface the temp was 83 degrees. Since my heat pump will be rejecting heat I think I may device some sort of cooling tower, a column of water that perhaps can evaporate? Of course i would use a closed loop hydronic system. My main concern is that 83 degrees a little on the warm side, especially at night when the ambient air may be cooler. I guess I need to read some temp charts. But it worries me because the temp is bound to go up naturally let alone rejecting heat into it. And it worries me. But how much more efficient would a heat pump be using a water HX vs Air Hx , if any when you compare the same temp for water and air. It seems like a water pump is more effective than a big fan. Any thoughts? Plus I hope your arm is healing well.
go4haudio is offline   Reply With Quote