View Single Post
Old 04-14-11, 01:37 PM   #12
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Default Source Code?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
Still doing a little refining on the circuit. I added a pull down resistor as I had some issues with my SSR activating when it shouldn't. I also added a supression diode in case you're actually using a relay versus SSR. Here is the updated schematic.
This looks great. Good that you are addressing both SSR and electro-mechanical relays, as they each have their own advantages, no arcing and longer life for the SSR, higher efficiency and lower cost for the electro-mechanical.

I was looking at your 'attic heat' thread, and it looks like you have the code working.

Will you be posting the source code for your differential controller here?

I am asking because there is a modified form of the differential controller, such as you have here that incorporates change/time. This type is used for controlling radiant slabs. With this type of controller, indoor temperature is monitored as well as outdoor, and when a change in outdoor temp exceeds a certain rate of change, the heat to the slab is increased or decreased, thus minimizing the 'time-lag' that usually accompanies a thermal mass. So, in a way it is a PID controller.

Am I explaining this in a clear way?

Regards,

-AC_Hacker

Last edited by AC_Hacker; 04-14-11 at 01:40 PM..
AC_Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote