View Single Post
Old 02-06-12, 04:40 PM   #10
scottorious
Helper EcoRenovator

I specifically heard from the guy that if there was not a 35 degree difference in water temp that the unit would not turn on. However I would not be surprised if he was wrong. Looking at the min BTU rating this unit has actually the lowest rating on the low side. I went ahead and ordered this unit because I think it is all around the best one for my need. even if it isnt the best for the solar application it will work and its fairly reasonably priced plus i can link up to 20 in the future as my family grows. If in 10 years i have two teenage girls who have more water requirments than i do I can buy another unit and link them up. This unit also has the lowest required flow to turn on the system. I think for the price it will work just fine. Maybe there is a 35 degree requirment to turn on. I think even with that I could make it work. Ideally the tankless would be on backup only duty and if I did run out of solar hot water I would have to adjust the valves a bit to get the correct temperature. I can live with that.
scottorious is offline   Reply With Quote