View Single Post
Old 06-21-15, 10:32 AM   #6
vann
Lurking Renovator

I will definitely be purchasing commercial made panels. But the thing is, there are really slim pickings at local shops in my country.
I'm still researching and learning about differences between collectors compatible with drawback system, and those intended only for closed loop systems. It seems there are certain requirements needed for collectors that are to be used in drawback system. Like sturdiness to high temperatures for withstanding the stagnant daily phases, and absence of places/pockets where water can stay and not drain down in the drainback reservoir.

I'm trying to find local contractor company to design and deploy the solar system for me, but thing is there aren't none here that do drainback solar systems. And not many such here that are even willing to talk about trying.
So I'm left with DIY option, which means I would have to design the system myself and install it - hopefully with help of local installer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff5may View Post
If you don't have a relief mechanism, the system could explode from the high temp and pressure. Not a trial and error friendly rig. Extra homework up front and conservative overbuilding practice will eliminate bad days for you.
Yes some kind of relief mechanism must be present. After startup from a sunny stagnant phase, I guess there will be quite some steam - when the water hits the collector heating elements.
vann is offline   Reply With Quote