View Single Post
Old 10-09-14, 06:28 PM   #15
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

Due to the low pin count and onboard memory of the Uno, doing anything really elaborate with the data structure or interface will quickly gobble up all available memory. I'm trying to save RAM for the processor, buffers, and temporary variables as much as possible to avoid ugly things from happening. Plus, it saves more space for vital functionality and expansion later.

The controller, being universal and robust, should be able to find and track as many one wire sensors as the end user cares to connect. I am having no trouble with only one sensor, but with multiple sensors, I am looking for some code that can grab the addresses and data and write the values to an array or a matrix or something. Once the values are sorted and written somewhere, it will be easy for me (or someone smarter) to assign, log, display, and do other operations to them.

Any code you can post or link to would be highly appreciated.

What I'm finding in this (arduino) realm is just a google of snippets of code that call other modules or libraries to do most of the actual work. While this approach is OK for a device that only does one or two things, it's not very robust. It also ties up a whole lot of real estate on the chip, making the program run slower.
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote