View Single Post
Old 10-08-14, 06:05 AM   #10
Servicetech
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMCF View Post
@Servicetech: No, our energy provide doesn't provide anything like that, unfortunately. It sounds like your provider is more switched on (pardon the pun) and your meter is more sophisticated. Our meter doesn't know the rate so I have to get that data from the internet. How do you tell your device how much you want to run the AC? Is that a manual process or programmable? How often does your rate change?
Your meter MUST be able to report use based on time of day back to the utility. Thats the only way and Time of Use/Variable Peak Pricing system can work. Old analog meters are incapable of reporting peak and off peak use separately. Smartmeters send a signal to OGE reporting use every 15 minutes. Our utility shares the use data with the consumers on myogepower.

See Smarthours link posted about for how the rate changes. It increases from 2-7pm weekdays during the summer. The thermostat is programmed to go up 0-10 degrees for each rate increase. I have my thermostat set at 75f for 6 cents, 77f for 10 cents, 79f for 19 cents, 85f for 43 cents. Rate response completely consumer adjustable.

Last edited by Servicetech; 10-08-14 at 06:07 AM..
Servicetech is offline   Reply With Quote