Thread: Miswired????
View Single Post
Old 03-10-14, 11:05 AM   #1
offgridinnc
Lurking Renovator

Default Miswired????

Hello, Just joined today to get some advice from like minded folks. I have been living off grid for 5 years now and have a small 12 volt 30 amp solar powered system. I have 6 panels hooked up to 4 golf cart batteries and use a Xantrex inverter and a Tri Star charge controller. All has been perfect up until the charge controller went haywire and I almost over heated my batteries. I since received a new controller from Tri Star and the alarm keeps saying miswire. I have all my negatives and positives hooked up properly and batteries are holding a charge. I am using a small 8 amp charge controller to keep batteries from going down. I have tested everything with my volt meter and everything is fine. I returned the new charge controller back to Tristar one more time and they have sent 1 more brand new charger and I just hooked it up and the same alarm saying miswire is still beeping. Any ideas on what is happening? I even brought in an electrical engineer who used to hook up solor systems in Europe and he even said everything on my system is hooked up right. He cant find what would cause the miswire alarm to go off. Has anyone ever encountered this?

offgridinnc is offline   Reply With Quote