View Single Post
Old 06-05-12, 07:34 AM   #42
gasstingy
Journeyman EcoRenovator

It appears that I was too worried about the vapors given off by the poly adhesive. I did set the fan up at the back corner, blowing up the side porch and then under the front porch. I had removed the last foundation vent so the air would have another path with minimal resistance. I did have a filter mask with paint vapor type filters. Not once did I detect the smell of vapors through my mask. Of course, that was the goal.

Pictures include, left to right (1) the burnt spot {circled} from when I did the layout and accidentally let the 500W halogen light contact the vapor material (2) me using the utility knife like a ruler as I went down the wall, after the wife pointed out my work wasn't very straight on the first wall. (3) A shot of the first wall we did. It wasn't quite as straight as we'd have liked and we had about 6" too much material, so there is a dandy sized pucker along the wall.

The front wall was about 53' long and the rear wall was just short of 50'. We used 5 tubes of polyeurethane adhesive to do the front porch area. I had 6 tubes to start with. I expect to use 4 under the side porch.

I doubt I post any pictures or comments about the other porches vapor barrier install unless a revelation happens, as that will be more of the same. I did notice that the bottom of the material was damp when I repositioned it a bit, and I am certain it will be worth the effort to do this. I had procrastinated a bit, from not looking forward to doing the work, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I had myself worked up to believe.
Attached Images

gasstingy is offline   Reply With Quote