View Single Post
Old 02-08-15, 12:07 PM   #2
ecomodded
Supreme EcoRenovator

I looked into thermal grout more thoroughly , its basically just a high silica sand grout with concrete and plasticizers in it.

So i looked at home hardwares advertising for grout , they have 25lb Sanded Floor Grout.

here is the description of home hardware's standard grout:

A Polymer modified, blend of portland cement, specially graded and washed silica sand and organic pigments
Requiring only water for the mix, this rapid curing product will yield, when cured, a hard, dense, non- shrinking, uniform colour joint that produces high compressive strength with improved flexibility and freeze-thaw stability
This non-toxic, non-dusting, iron-free grout is resistant to bacteria, fungus, oils and alkalis

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````````````````````

Which is close enough to a thermal grout as it is made from the same fine grade silica sand.

I also found out that they use thermal grout for hydronic radiant heating as well as for filling around

geothermal lines to increase thermal transfer of the bore hole.

In short its a cheap readily available product that will increase the transfer rates of hot or cold.

I am going to use it with the edition of added concrete powder to increase its structural strength.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ecomodded is offline   Reply With Quote