View Single Post
Old 03-17-10, 06:16 AM   #4
Daox
Administrator

I did measure my current 27" CRT a while back. It was drawing 75W while in use. I'd definitely like to keep to that power usage or less. I don't see that as being a real problem.

When looking at the 32" LCDs, I could go with either LED or CFL back lighting. There are a few CFL backlit models that have a ~75W or lower max power usage rating. The Vizio I tested had a 85W max rating and only used about 60W under normal usage. If I go up to a 40", I need to be a bit more picky about what TV I get as they're rated for more like 90-100W. IMO these would still be acceptable based on what I found testing the Vizio. It seems the max power rating is roughly 30% higher than the actual power usage. However, the Samsung LED 40" is only rated at 55W! I like... And, then there is the 46" LEDs that start at 90W, but again the Samsung has an amazing 60W usage... Very nice, but getting pricey.

Ryland, those projectors are a very interesting idea, thanks. It looks like their resolution is a bit low compared to a conventional TV. Its not too much lower than 720, but it is lower... I wonder if I could find one locally to test.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Daox; 03-17-10 at 06:47 AM..
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote