View Single Post
Old 11-30-16, 07:58 PM   #51
b420ady
Helper EcoRenovator

Even thou I did not post to much lately I m all over the project
I could not find a romanian company that sells a coaxial heat exchanger but right now I ve got in contact with 5 different romanian companies that are manufacturing and or selling blazed plates heat exchangers and I ve got with all of them at the point were they have to know the water temperature in and out, the refrigerant temperature in and out, pressure drop, heat exchanger KW power.
Please help me give them some good data back.
I know blazed plates HX are far from ideal but after I ve seen so many commercial units that are using them and also the fact that I can actually afford to buy one made me plan on going on this path even thou I ll have to do extra cleaning on it from time to time I think that if it will get me through this winter and also leave me with the learning experience it will mean that the money invested were returned at least 2 times for me and at the end I will still have a dirty HX to play with maybe for a water to water conversion were I ll use the coaxial HX for the well water and the blazed plates HX for house heating + domestic water boiler.
You said that I should install first the heat pump in its actual setup just to see how it works, but here the temperature dropped as an Arctic wind is over this area and the unit is out of its range already and the winter did not began yet apart from a short 4 cm thick snow that was just an welcoming. So I don t see much point in paying close to 100 USD to have it installed and filled by a technician just to see if it works and then open it again to modify it for the water source. I guess that in case the unit has a fault the technician can fix it for something like 100 usd or less hopefully.
Please tell me your impression on that.

b420ady is offline   Reply With Quote