View Single Post
Old 10-31-17, 10:58 AM   #75
ecomodded
Supreme EcoRenovator

Temp went down to and is currently at 1c with viability at 75 feet due to Fog.

The house was at 17c this morning the ac air temp at the top of the stairs was 84*f

I want to wake up to a warm house so this will not do

The ac was moved to a 1hr on/off cycle yesterday this was not enough time for the unit to heat the house during the cold foggy night so i switched it to run solid for the next 4 hours to warm the house up.

Im not liking the timer before the unit maintained the temperature and would run more or less according to conditions. I put it on the timer as it was short cycling with about 3 on/off cycles a hour after the vent/duct was was added. Before the duct it was running on a long 1 hour on/off cycle at top heat.
To overcome this poor thermostat control using the timer will take it off the timer and let it run and short cycle as it wants too.
Had good luck using its built in thermostat before the duct was added it maintained the upstairs temp very well.

All in the ac did all right given the conditions and low run time hours last night , I hope it does better without the timer in the same conditions

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ecomodded is offline   Reply With Quote