View Single Post
Old 02-19-15, 09:04 PM   #493
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Default What Exactly Did You Find Lacking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
...I have checked out Radiant Works and don't really think it customizes enough to be on the current edge of knowledge or application practices to be the "bible" on hydronics or how to build towards it. IMO...
I'd have to say that my experience with RadiantWorks was quite unlike your experience.

If a curious mind is looking for something to draw your PEX layout for them, then RadiantWorks would be lacking.

Regarding the heat-load calculation section, if A curious mind is interested is understanding the interplay between the heat load effects of wall insulation, windows, ceiling insulation, floor insulation, then working with RadiantWorks can quickly provide the user with not just numbers, but with a 'feel' of how the variables interact.

In the hydronics design section, there are choices of various slab thicknesses, various PEX diameters, various spacings, various fluid flow rates, etc, etc. Again it can quickly provide the user with not just numbers, but with a 'feel' of how the variables interact.

The only thing I found lacking was the ability to model PEX spacings closer than 4".

Also it had nothing for high-performance low-mass top of floor installations, which you are not interested in.

So, Drake, if you found it to be lacking in the "current edge of knowledge", what exactly did you find lacking?

-AC