View Single Post
Old 02-19-15, 06:41 PM   #491
Drake
DIY Guy

I do not expect answers to any of my questions. And it because of the complexity that I ask them. If I can get a response to my inquiry I am delighted and give the response great consideration. If I appear to repeat myself it is in the wish to make sure that I'm being understood and that I understand in return. I have been, I hope, on the innovative edge of retro fit remodeling much of my life so I am always interested in discussing the new. As yet hydronic radiant is a much used heating method in my area, especially high mass/ low temp slabs, so I don't have my normal contacts with contractors so that I can really pick their brain.

I have checked out Radiant Works and don't really think it customizes enough to be on the current edge of knowledge or application practices to be the "bible" on hydronics or how to build towards it. IMO. The layout it gave of the three common patterns that inquired earlier about(that to me did not address to me more heat to exterior/ less interior). Which in the separate thread a couple of generous responders helped me resolve to my satisfaction. As DIY'ers we all have to find our own level of confidence that we can undertake our projects or we could hardly accomplish them. For myself, I often complicate my readiness by liking to have more knowledge(if I can) than needed to just follow someone else's plan and be able to repurpose used or nontypical materials if I can rather than buy just the "right" everything.

I am very thankful for any information I get.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Drake For This Useful Post:
buffalobillpatrick (02-19-15)