View Single Post
Old 10-24-08, 12:56 PM   #19
Tony Raine
Helper EcoRenovator

currently gathering up parts to run power to the shed. i work with a couple electricians that are giving me some advice along the way. one told me to run everything to the breaker box, and he would hook everything up properly and double-check my work.

i'm going to dig a trench and bury the wire in pvc pipe. code is 18", but i'm outside city limits so i don't have to worry about that. i'll put it as deep as i can, though. there will be some kind of marker at the beginning and end, that way i can just run a string line if i ever need to dig in that area again. oh yeah, keeping with the DIY theme, trench will be made by me and a shovel.

picked up some "porch light" housings (that will fit cfl's rather nicely) for $2 for the outside. gonna see what kinds of stuff i can find amongst the people i work with. should be able to find some indoor light fixtures of some kind, and maybe some switches and outlets. may even put a ceiling fan/light combo in there, i've got an extra one thats kinda small.

Last edited by Tony Raine; 10-24-08 at 01:00 PM..
Tony Raine is offline   Reply With Quote