View Single Post
Old 12-28-20, 06:40 PM   #9
solarhotairpanels
Helper EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Hacker View Post
Thanks for the PDFs. I think it's more useful to readers of your work if the discussion happened in the open, so that everyone learned from the questions & responses, rather that just individuals.

Having said that, have you had your metal-stud hot air collectors in operation long enough to know how they stand up to the wind and weather?

-AC
Yes I've had them up for years now.. no issues what so ever other then it's TIME to change the polycarbonate sheathing. They still allow sun to heat the collectors but they've deteriated over time, kind of cloudy looking now. I'll install new poly soon but they still kick butt every day the sun is out.

The galvanized 2 x 4 commercial stud frame looks exactly the way it did when I first put them together.. no signs of rust anywhere at all.
I haven't even had to open them up and repaint the black absorber plate. Still looks good.

The ripple insulation made for rippled wavy polycarbonate sold at Lowe's and Home depot is starting to break up a bit so I'll replace that when I install new sheathing. but again.. that's about it. thanks for checking in with your question.

Please Note:
Comments and/or suggestions I make here at the forums on 'your' projects as well as my own have all been carefully and scientifically calculated by 'the seat of my pants'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
solarhotairpanels is offline   Reply With Quote