View Single Post
Old 08-01-14, 01:07 PM   #12
TimJFowler
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exeric View Post
There may be a third option, but it would depend on your future plans. It also has the disadvantage of there not being a fuel backup if your electric grid went down. Many people are trying to go as electric as possible because they can subsidize their electricity use with PV power. This would have the same effect as zeroing out the future expenses for water heating. That's if New Mexico is a grid tied state?
NM is a grid-tie state.

I am considering Solar PV. Of course, we have a few issues there as well. Our roof ridgeline (simple pitched roof) runs North-South, so any solar panels would require racks for good solar alignment. We also have 3 mature trees on the west side of the house that provide good afternoon shading in the summer.

I'm crossing my fingers that our city is able to work out a community solar PV garden. That would allow individuals to own PV with optimal siting and hopefully at a price discount.

Tim

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by TimJFowler; 08-01-14 at 01:51 PM.. Reason: clarity
TimJFowler is offline   Reply With Quote