View Single Post
Old 09-23-08, 07:20 AM   #3
groar
X-Frenchy: very

Great improvements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennelson View Post
For a good while, I have been interested in front loaders because they save so much water, but have not wanted to pay top dollar for brand new machines.
We will change our washer next year. Do you know why front loader washers use less water ?

Quote:
I went to AcmeHowTo.com for some general information on how gas dryers work, and how to repair them. In just a paragraph or two, I had a much better understanding of how a gas dryer works.
I didn't know gas dryers existed... but we do not have gas at home, except for cooking.
Our washer integrates a dryer but we almost never use it. Thanks for the link to AcmeHowTo.com

Quote:
I used a piece of vibration absorbing foam rubber as a cover for the washer, and then covered the whole thing with the least expensive countertop available at the big box home improvement store. The countertop has a back edge to it, to keep things from falling behind the laundry machines.
Great idea. This is an advantage for front loaders. May help to decide in a year.

Denis.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (2.66 kg/l diesel)
  • kg saved by 3kWc photo-voltaic solar panels : 187 kg/yr
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (59.1 g/kWh)
Radioactive wastes saved by 3kWc photo-voltaic solar panels :
  • Long life (>100,000 years) : 2.85 g/yr (0.9 mg/kWh)
  • Short life (<300 years) : 31.7 g/yr (10.0 mg/kWh)
Based upon "official" French figures...
groar is offline   Reply With Quote