View Single Post
Old 07-28-21, 08:16 AM   #1
Daox
Administrator

Default Attached garage workspace heating & cooling

My brother in law and I have started a new business making computer gaming peripherals. Some of this stuff we're making is out of his garage for the time being. We're going to be painting and baking (running an oven) out there. So, we need to keep the temperature in a workable range. It doesn't have to be super warm or anything, but it also can't be super cold. The paint we're using isn't super picky either thankfully. However, its been in the upper 80s lately here, and it obviously gets pretty darn cold in the winter usually getting down below zero fahrenheit for a few days a year.

My question for you guys is how to best heat and cool this space. His house has a natural gas furnace as well as normal central air conditioning. We started by thinking we would install a heat pump out there. However, I'm now wondering if we don't just tie into the furnace ducting and add another zone to his garage? This could be manual for now. Automatic would be a lot nicer but I'm not sure what that would all entail. He also does have a window and we could just put a window unit out there. The super cheap alternative is open the door to the house and run a box fan to circulate air.

So, I am looking for more suggestions and ideas on how we can do this. If it takes off I don't know how long we'll be in the garage, so we'd rather not speand a fortune on the system. I also have no idea how large of a unit to get if we do go with a window or mini-split.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote