View Single Post
Old 10-04-12, 08:51 PM   #9
strider3700
Master EcoRenovator

Have to thank everyone on this thread. I went and looked at mine and sure enough coils on the bottom covered in a mountain of dog hair because I had no idea they were there needing cleaned.

mnrenovator are you sure your's blows air out the front?

On mine it looks like the fan sucks air from the front grill through the coils and throws it out the back grates. From there it hits the wall migrates up the back to the top cabinet which was designed for a fridge and has a chimney up and out at the ceiling.

I don't have enough space on the sides to insulate like ecomodded did but I can stick a solid 1" rigid board on the back above the grates then I'll add 1" spacers on the sides to create a chimney between the backwall and the rigid that can go from the grates to the gap in the cabinet. I'll probably have to find something flexible to go under between the compressor and the freezer and channel that heat out.

I still argue that the compressor on the bottom is just dumb, It should really be on the top since the hot air is going to rise. I'm also aware that houses aren't designed for top compressors anymore...
strider3700 is offline   Reply With Quote