View Single Post
Old 07-03-18, 10:37 PM   #9
Elcam84
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff5may View Post
There is a product on the market that does this already. The names of the products are mist-n-save, cool-n-save, and mistbox. Pretty much all of them boast a 30 percent performance boost. They all State in the instructions that you have to tweak the rig to your unique condenser and climate. Fwiw, the manufacturers don't include the things on prefab units not because of the corrosion concern, but because of the few gallons a day of water usage. Because no water usage is good water usage.

Yeah but i wouldn't trust their testing though.

As to water usage... Remember to produce electricity it requires the use and loss of water. Around half a gallon(average lost to evaporation) per KWH. So now double that because roughly half of the electricity produced is lost in transmission. Now those of you with power derived form hydroelectric dams already have way cheaper than us and I wouldn't be as worried about the elec usage besides those are also areas with mild summers(most anyway).

So that would have to be brought into the equation as well if you are worried about water usage. And even at that if it took more water than is used in electricity production the impact of using more water is quite a bit less than the impact of creating more electricity.

No mater what Id like to see what some real world not trying to sell a product testing would show. The issues with corrosion and mineral buildup are a costly problem to deal with so personally I wouldn't be likely to do it on anything but an old unit.
Elcam84 is offline   Reply With Quote