View Single Post
Old 02-05-16, 11:25 AM   #244
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

I just wanted to update this post. We have been running the Mini splits just over two 1/2 years now. This is the second year where we have not turned on our natural gas heat or our 4 ton out door AC unit. Not even once.
We have not missed them at all. We now stay warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer than before.

I would like to say we conserve power but we don’t the living room is set 75-76 F I use to turn it down at night but I don’t anymore. My office 73 F kid’s rooms in the day time 70F.
We should still net zero this year. It is not unusual to to have all the rooms a few degrees different we all like to be a different temps. This works well with mini splits.

We are still very happy with the Gree units LG units are doing well but we like the GREE units better.

Gree has a unit that is one step up from the ones I installed. It is 30.5 SEER!
It can put out full heat at -20 F and it talks Wi-Fi to your phone to control the unit.
Two very nice features. It has a Variable Speed 2-Stage Compressor.
GREE Crown Series 9,000 BTU Single-Zone Ductless Split

http://www.greecomfort.com/our-products/crown/

Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pinballlooking For This Useful Post:
Xringer (02-05-16)