View Single Post
Old 10-14-11, 03:24 PM   #21
bennelson
Home-Wrecker

Right, the Harbor Freight pump was just for doing a little testing.

I have a very nice pump already, but it doesn't have those handy garden hose connectors like the Harbor Freight pump does.

The pump that I do have is called an El-Cid, and is designed for 12V solar. It's also a REALLY simple pump, so less possible future maintenance.

The downside to it is that it is NOT a high-head pump. It needs to run a pressurized system so that the weight of the liquid going out equals what's coming in, so it's not doing any of the heavy lifting.

I'll need a set of fill/service valves before I would be able to use that pump, as you need to be able to pressurize the line with the pump already in place.

I've seen a solar system charged with fluid before, and know I need to be able to do the same thing. In fact, I am the guy who shot and edited this video -

This one is actually a "cut-down" version of the video they have to train installers. The full video is about 45 minutes or so, and includes filling the system.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bennelson is offline   Reply With Quote