View Single Post
Old 04-18-13, 03:29 PM   #403
Fornax
Helper EcoRenovator

Heya Kostas,

As for the fans, yes I have some data. A few weeks back I connected them to my kill-a-watt so I can monitor their combined powerconsumption.

According to their specsheet in the lowest setting (of 3) they are said to use 8 watts. What I measure right now is 34 watts though for the two combined.
To me this is plausible since the fans have to overcome the load of the dustfilters and the HX-core. I can also see when the filter(s) are getting poluted, powerusage will climb up slightly to 36/37W.

Earlier I mentioned to you the fans are very silent. And indeed they are when they need not overcome any resistance. As they are now they do make some sound, comparable with any whole-house-ventilator.

To me this is not a problem, the fans are located in a different room and the sound through the ducting is only noticeable when you know what to listen to. (The HD in my mediaplayer is louder).

Together for both fans the use of electricity is about half of that of the single whole-house-fan that was installed 30 years ago, still a win-win situation.
Fornax is offline   Reply With Quote