View Single Post
Old 12-14-11, 11:53 AM   #20
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xringer View Post
Yeah. I wrote a routine that sent me an email when the temperature went above a selected set-point.

I also wrote some routines that averaged the humidity over a time span,
to get rid of the LSBs dance factor.
Perhaps you could post code you have written, similar to how Daox & Strider posted code for the Arduino projects they worked on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xringer View Post
I'm not sure, but the bright on-board LED that flashes @1hz (heartbeat signal), might be pulling the Vcc around and affecting the ADCs. After all the sensors are connected, I hope the Vcc will be more stable.
If not, I'll de-solder the flashing LED. Or put a larger resistor in series with it.
I think I read that there is a setting on one of the web pages you can change to stop the incessant polling, thus freeing up processor bandwidth of the WebControl and also local Ethernet bandwidth resources, this might help.

Also, have you tried a really fat capacitor in parallel with the output of your power supply?

Also, there is a technique called 'binning' where the datalogger or WebControl board will add up the results of several successive reads, send that data sum on for subsequent processing. Then your spreadsheet or whatever you use would do the division, where high quality floating point is available.

-AC_Hacker