View Single Post
Old 02-22-09, 02:59 PM   #25
groar
X-Frenchy: very

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
Thats very cool groar. How much do those datalogging devices cost out of curiosity? It looks like a pretty nice setup!
45€ (57.70$ at 1,2822$/€, taxes and shipping included) each for the USB version, 35€ (44.88$) each for the serial version. As there is less and less computers with serial connections, I bought the USB one. This also permits me to have several assembly, 1 for the production and 1 for the consumption in my case, as I don't have any computer with several serial connections.
In both cases, the system see the assembly as a serial device so it has to be initiated with correct parameters. When I saw data arriving at 1200 baud, it reminded me the first time I used a modem 22 years ago...
Several schemas for such an assembly are published on Internet, but I don't know how to use an iron and this one is of good quality

The specialized data recorder for my inverted costs several hundred Euros but it permits to get data for each input (panel strings) and output of each inverter it monitors. I knew that such simple assembly to get data from the meter exists. If it only permits to get data generated by the meter, it's far cheaper and enough to automatically get production (yearly, monthly, weekly, daily, hourly...).

Denis.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (2.66 kg/l diesel)
  • kg saved by 3kWc photo-voltaic solar panels : 187 kg/yr
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (59.1 g/kWh)
Radioactive wastes saved by 3kWc photo-voltaic solar panels :
  • Long life (>100,000 years) : 2.85 g/yr (0.9 mg/kWh)
  • Short life (<300 years) : 31.7 g/yr (10.0 mg/kWh)
Based upon "official" French figures...
groar is offline   Reply With Quote