View Single Post
Old 11-16-08, 07:49 AM   #7
Blister
Lurking Renovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
We audited the heat system and the conclusion is it's under powered, so the radiators are consuming more than they should . We will see what we can do, but until then we'll try to be smarter than during last year. Don't forget that how you use things is as important as things you use.
We have central heat but have the same problem. It's not adequate for the house. The central heat and air is the main cause of the inflated bills we've paid in the past and the damn thing doesn't work. lol. It's amazing to me that even though I know it doesn't work well, there is still the urge to turn it on when it's too hot or too cold. Old habits die hard I guess.

We put an electric mattress pad on the bed and move a space heater with us when we go from room to room now. There's no way I'm going to turn that central heat back on this year. I can't believe someone actually chose to market the system for this home. It's a mobile home so the system came installed from the factory.

I plan to try some solar cooling tricks this summer to try and limit the use of the window unit we switched to even though we've seen a 45% decrease in usage from using it instead of the central unit... That held true even in august and we were more comfortable than the previous summer.
Blister is offline   Reply With Quote