View Single Post
Old 12-12-13, 10:43 AM   #152
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

I posted this info in my Mini split post but I should have posted it here because it really shows how solar power and an EV car can really help give you a quicker return on investment.
We are on track for a 2 ½ year pay back for our solar project that is not even counting natural gas savings. I never thought it would be possible to have that kind of payback. If our power company had any kind of rebate it would be even a faster payback.

Replacing my buying gasoline with good clean solar really speeds up the payback.

This is all for Nov.
Last year’s natural gas bill was $93.77
Last year’s Electric was $105.36
Last year’s car gas bill was $251.28 (now all solar powered Chevy Volt this year.)
Last year Total utilities with car gas was $438.82

This year Electric bill $8.29 just the meter charge we carried forward a $20 credit
This year’s natural gas bill was $35.93 (hot water and heat)
This year's total utilities/Car gas with solar power, Mini Splits and EV car was $44.22

Saving $394.60 that is compared to last year. It was really more since it was so cold this year but this is close.

We are not totally at NetZero but getting closer.

It is really exciting to start to see the savings from all my projects this year. I think my wife thinks I have going off the deep end on savings but I still have more projects planned.

Last edited by pinballlooking; 12-12-13 at 10:51 AM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote