View Single Post
Old 10-15-11, 02:02 AM   #16
osolemio
Hong Kong

Default Delays, delays

I am still here, and I am still working on my project.

The solar panels are just about ready from the factory (finally) but as winter is approaching, I will have to wait for the spring. To remove the tiles from the roof, I need warmer weather, as the tile glue is solid below 60F or so. On a normal sunny day, the tiles can be removed easily without too much effort.

I am working on the garden (hard surface, the garden is so small, there is no lawn!). The seasonal insulation in the ground is all done, just a few cosmetic touches to go, yet the control system inside the house is not assembled (no point yet, as there are no solar panels yet)

Rainwater system is up and running, and has been for a while. The tank is 7500 liters, which is roughly 2000 USG. At the moment it supplies water for toilet flushing, washing machine, cleaning purposes and so on.

I am in the process of investigating the possibilities of making a legal installation where rain water is also used for hot water and most of the remaining cold water in the house. We would retain a number of dedicated taps (cold water only) for drinking and cooking.

The filters in question would be three stage: particle, active carbon and finally UVA filter. Probably in dual, with monitoring, to ensure quality and supply (auto shut down if a UVA lamp fails, and then the other system keeps working).

Financing is a problem too, paying as I go out of the paycheck - with what remains after the worlds highest marginal tax rate has been applied. Delaying the solar panel installation until spring gives me time to breathe (make more money) for the final but crucial investments.

I look forward to be able to present data here, to document what I meant when I started this thread.

It will be accompanied with graphic presentations to illustrate the function of the system - any suggestions to what programs (Mac!) to use? I prefer something which is not too complicated, and if it can make web enabled presentations, that would be preferred (no flash, please, or other proprietary or complicated formats. Html5 format preferred!)
The Following User Says Thank You to osolemio For This Useful Post:
Daox (10-15-11)