View Single Post
Old 11-13-08, 06:02 AM   #15
Daox
Administrator

I finally got back to this project last night (*grumble* too many other fires to put out lately). At the last update, I had installed the foam board on one side of the attic. I also have added vented soffits since then. So, that one side is completely done.

Last night I did the other side of the attic with the wife. We got most of it done, but are going to need one more piece of foam board to finish up. I also still need to add the vented soffit, but we'll wait for next year now that its getting cold out.

Now, we're finally ready to blow in the cellulose! I'm excited about this part. I just have to check out the local stores. Theres two different brands out there. The Greenfiber that the big chains carry, and another one (I forget the name) that a local store carries. The price is significant enough to warrant looking into, but I'm not sure of the quantity of the packages. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a good way to measure the two. One measures theirs in weight, where the other measures theirs in cubic feet of coverage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote