View Single Post
Old 11-29-18, 05:35 PM   #27
Elcam84
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Well I'm now looking at a lift or... I will be getting a 66 mustang to restore pretty soon. It was a car my friends mom bought years ago and never put the effort or cash into it to restore. She passed away thanksgiving night after having a massive stroke the previous week. So begins the cleanup of the property etc. Anyway....

I am trying to make the decision between a rotisserie or a lift etc... I am looking at adding onto the shop and the issue there is the slab. There is a partial slab and the lift would go right on the edge of it and the new addition to the slab... So that means cutting up part of the existing slab and redoing it.
Its an 18x18 addition but I want to make the one dimension deeper however that makes for some odd structure construction. Just the building would take 2 to 2.5 yards of concrete to finish. 1500 max in steel etc for structure and R panel ( using no warranty panel). 2k or less all said and done in materials.This section will be isolated from the rest of the shop so I can paint etc in there. Will have its own AC and ventilation.

Probably going to have a couple more project cars in the future so I'm thinking rotisserie in the shop then a lift in the garage in the future. I have high ceilings in the garage. Just in the planning stage right now so looking for any bright ideas.
Elcam84 is offline   Reply With Quote