View Single Post
Old 11-02-11, 10:05 AM   #36
Hv23t
Helper EcoRenovator

My Kwh usage for the spring thru fall months average 22.4 kwh a day.
During the winter it goes up to nearly 40 kwh. But those numbers are spiked a few times by thanksgiving Christmas and new years party's. I know last new years party used 300kwh over the two days, Luckly spread out over two different power bills. My house is 4500sq ft, everything is electric except the stove and the furnaces which run on propane. I have a ge heat pump water heater that is saving me a fortune on the 2 propane heaters we previously had. We have a swimming pool which uses 6kwh a day. And we are on a well so the sprinklers and any water we use will drive it up some. Last year we used about 300 gallons of propane for heat. Which I'm trying to eleminate since it's now costing 3.82 a gallon. I bought a 3.5 ton amana packaged heat pump off craigslist last weekend. And now I need to figure out how to plumb it in. My wife thinks its ugly so she doesn't want to see it. I considered installing in the addic, which has alot of volume but I'm not sure yet.

Oh I should mention the entire bottom floor of the house is tile, so during the summer it keeps the place cool. Then at night we open windows and turn on the whole house fan all night. I think we only turned on the upstairs a/c 4 or 5 times this year.
Hv23t is offline   Reply With Quote