View Single Post
Old 10-13-14, 11:00 AM   #18
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

SDMCF,

Yes, if I was using a mega with a few additional shields, it would be much easier. In a future project, this might happen. For this project, a uno with hardly nothing else is specified. Very few libraries, an LCD keypad for user control, optional USB/serial interface, a 4-channel relay shield to manage high-power devices, and some sensors is all this controller will have in its basic form. The main objective is to specify a small "kit" to work with, and have some sketches that will just load and work.

As a matter of fact, someone has already mentioned counting power pulses from smart meters (via the visible flashing LED) to monitor usage as dependable and reliable. Just search and browse....

AC,

Thank you very much for pointing me towards that code! I've heard you talking about that little logger stamp before, but I didn't know it was able to assign and store 1-wire sensors like it does. Having skimmed through the source code, I believe I can adapt some gems in it for the uno-based stamp. From the structure and comments, it's obvious a lot of work was put into the source code. I hope I can glean something from it without screwing it up...

Last edited by jeff5may; 10-13-14 at 04:07 PM..
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote