View Single Post
Old 11-26-15, 12:03 PM   #115
MEMPHIS91
Journeyman EcoRenovator

I charged more last night, got to 105psi suction and and 245psi discharge side the entire unit was only pulling 810 watts. This makes me happy, it was heating nicely. I looked up the original design pressure for the window unit I harvested the compressor from and found 400psi/150psi. So I feel much better knowing I can go up to 150psi (though I don't think its needed).

Jeff, would the 100psi overload pressure for the TXV be enough? Thanks for the link, I will be hacking the water heater again soon.

Here is what is REALLY confusing me. In the refrigeration cycle when the gas goes through the metering device and drops to a low low pressure then makes its way through the evaporator and comes back up to the compressor. I am measuring the psi and temp right before the compressor. WHY WHY WHY do they not match the PT chart? Example 50psi suction, 68F temp!? Now 105psi suction, 64F temps!? I know it is liquid coming out of the metering device and I should have differing psi/temps in the evap but when its at the compressor it SHOULD all be a gas, unless I overloaded the evap, right?

AC, thank you for this awesome thread http://ecorenovator.org/forum/geothe...at-pump-6.html
I really think there should be an archive of helpful threads with a short description of what they are about. I have search this forum for a long time and never saw this til now.