View Single Post
Old 09-10-15, 06:57 AM   #5
MEMPHIS91
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Steve, that is something I had not thought of, mold in the dirt around the pipe. That is a very good point, and maybe what makes me use PVC instead. I could use the money I saved not putting gravel in to buy some thin wall 6" PVC. This would also make it MUCH easier to clean and I could add some bleach into the Jet machine. Though I'm guessing I'll need to go longer than 100 feet now.

Mold is terrible and in the south we have lots of it. Good to know that people are getting serious about how bad it is for everyone.

There are a few underground homes here in Lafayette County. I have pumped their septic tanks. Must be a newer way of building because they said they had no mold issues and the houses have been there for over 20 years.
Speaking of septic tanks that gave me an idea. With Advanced treatment unit, a 80 Liter per minute air pump is pump air under the water in the septic system 24/7/365. Then is vented out of the vents on the house or out the discharge line. I have never seen any mold. Warm, wet, and dark. I wonder if the septic waste has a low enough PH to kill it? Just a thought.

Not that it will fix the problem at all, but the house will have many air changes when the tubes are used for cooling and thus more chances for mold.
MEMPHIS91 is offline   Reply With Quote