View Single Post
Old 05-13-14, 01:38 AM   #26
Vlad
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangler View Post
Thanks for the detailed post Vlad. Your oil looks nice and clean

I would like to avoid drilling my carb as it is a new machine, and I don't want to void the warranty. I think I will be using an aluminum spacer with a side feed. Any experience with those?

The coil for evaporation sounds like a pretty good idea. I might rig up something with spare aluminum heat sinks from computers. Agree it's best to stay away from bolting to engine or exhaust, sounds like a rattle waiting to happen.

Do you have brand/model preference for a low cost, bullet proof zero governor? My engine is 24hp twin Briggs and Stratton.
This propane feed adapters work just great.

To me it only takes 10 minutes to make my own . I usually use 3/16" tube for 5-6 HP engines and 1/4" tube for 12-16 HP engines. I just braze a piece of barb to its end to make rubber hose happy Then I drill a hole in the same plane as gas emulsifier tube but on side where I find a good spot for drilling. I use permatex cold weld (much quicker than JB weld) to glue tube into carb. I do understand warranty issue with new engine.

I would use just 3/8 copper tube but long enough for "evaporator". Make sure propane needs to "climb up". Liquid will stay on the bottom and vapor will get "uphill". You can also use a trick called in refrigeration liquid trap. After your "evaporator" from it's top you run your tube down to a warm (not too hot) place(you can find warm air flow after cooling engine. Just try to find it by moving your arm when engine is hot) and then run it up to your regulator. This trap will "kill" the rest of vapor.

I used empco KN, woodward 50, Beam 50 Beam 60. They all work great. Make sure you get one with primer even manual one is OK.

Once I got a great deal on eBay. I bought a bunch of woodward 50 (as same as as Beam). I paid something like $20 each. I converted my lawnmower(6.5HP Briggs), wood chipper (9HP honda, water pump 3.5 HP old Briggs, drilling rig 15 HP China honda clone, Pressure washer 15 HP China clone) They all work perfect.

Last edited by Vlad; 05-13-14 at 02:14 AM..
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote