View Single Post
Old 08-20-19, 04:06 PM   #1
pr0cess0r
Lurking Renovator

Default Pool heatpump modification? EDITED

I have two hayward pool HP model HP50A with crack heat exchanger that are very expensive to replace.

I would like to start a small project to see how those heat pump can be used to heat my house and hot water.

I saw project with small AC unit and dehumidifier but never saw any project with thos pool heat pump and i wonder why?

The unit is selft contained and have all sensor for liquid systeme.

inlet temp sensor
outlet temp sensor
flow switch

The control panel is a simple 3 wire module and just by playing with the flow switch signal it would be possible to start and stop the unit and have a set temp for the glicol solution circulating in the unit.

The part i dont like is that it use R410a that is liquid and gas and seem more complicated to work with.

One option i see is to get two service valce installed on it so i can use the unit compressor to pump all the refrigerant inside the unit and close it and this would allow me to try diffeent heat exchanger with out the need for a recovery machine or tank. I would be able to do it with a vacumm pump and manifold/gauges.

It is rated at 50 000 btu how can i know the size of the plate heat exchanger i need with it ?

Last edited by pr0cess0r; 08-21-19 at 08:04 AM.. Reason: was not clear....
pr0cess0r is offline   Reply With Quote