View Single Post
Old 04-13-14, 02:36 PM   #13
larryg7
Lurking Renovator

40% AC Savings from using Whole House fan (Denver, CO).
I did a controlled manual test to see what % of savings could be achieved from an automating a whole house fan. Using zip specific Nat.Weather Service Data and my thermo as controls, my AC ran 41% less if I used Denvers cool night air to cool the interior thermal mass and air. I used a laser temp reader to show the huge difference in drywall, and brick temperatures by 6 AM. Because the Xcel Energy rate doubles in the summer months that utility savings would be $300- $350 per season on my house.
I have a layout that would allow me to draw cool air externally into my central HVAC return system, Mirv 12 filter it and distribute it -if I can get the controller unit . I've called 20 HVAC companies in Denver and cannot find anyone who has the knowledge to wire a temperature and relative humidity limited switch system to my central HVAC and whole house exhaust fan.
If you know anyone in Denver who knows how to wire it into an HVAC system have them contact me. When that kind of system can deliver $300- $400 per year cash savings , homeowners would be lining up. larryg7@arczip.com
larryg7 is offline   Reply With Quote