View Single Post
Old 12-02-16, 09:09 AM   #748
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Here are the tomatoes I picked today.

The lettuce crop still growing.

Last night 12 am it was 41F 7 am 32F
The greenhouse did not go below 59F.

I used my solar fish tank heater to heat the fish water to 72F yesterday. Fish water went down to 68F last night. (I was able to heat fish water backup to 72F today)
9am It is 72F in the greenhouse sun is shining nicely it is 42F outside.

So far I am very happy with the greenhouse performance. I consider this the first winter for it because last year everything was in flux.

I still want to get other heating methods setup so if we have a cold cloudy week I don’t want my fish to die. This is only because I have tilapia they don’t handle cold water very well. Plants don’t really like cold water either.

I have been considering mounting the load center on the outside wall on the greenhouse. I need the power close to the fish tank but I can mount the load center close to the fish tank.

If I mount the load center on the wall close to the door. I would need to run the wires 24’ to get to that location. Then I would have to run the wire back 24’ to where I need the power. This is 48’ of wire that I would not will need if I mount the load center on the outside wall.

If I get this load center setup I can install up my 240 volt SS heater into the fish tank and use this as backup heater for that cold cloudy week. I know that week my not come but if it does I would like to be ready for it.
http://ecorenovator.org/forum/47163-post354.html
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 12-03-16 at 10:42 AM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote